The Perfect Manicure at Home
Everyone wants to have beautiful, soft and clean hands and you are not an exception. A complete manicure not only gives you beautiful hands but also a source of relaxation and comfort. It may cost you $15-$50 at a saloon or a spa but you can do it yourself following these 10 very easy steps at home at a very low cost.
1. Gather all the required products like nail enamel remover, a nail clipper, emery board and a nail buffer, cuticle pusher and nipper, cuticle remover, hand/nail moisturizer, base coat, nail polish and a transparent topcoat.
2. First of all remove nail polish from your nails using a nail enamel remover. A non-acetone remover will be recommended because it is less harsh to your nails and cuticles as compared to an acetone remover.
3. Soak your hands in lukewarm water for few seconds and then shape or trim your nails with a clipper. Smooth the edges with the help of a file.
4. Take a bowl filled with bearably warm water, add some face cleanser to it and dip your hands in it for three to five minutes.
5. Apply a cuticle remover for few seconds to soften the skin around the nails.
6. Now it’s time to remove excess cuticles. Use a cuticle pusher back away from the nail very gently. It is a bit sensitive step and a little over-do can damage your cuticles. Remember that cuticles protect you from bacteria and other germs so be careful. Once your excess cuticles are pushed remove them carefully with the help of a cuticle nippers.
7. Above steps may cause a dryness so you need to hydrate your nails and hands. Apply a good moisturizer to your nails and hands and massage it well. Massage your hands from fingers towards your wrists.
8. After moisturizing take a cotton swab soaked in nail enamel remover and clean your nails. Any residues of moisturizer will prevent the polish to set in on your nails. Don’t worry you will apply a hand lotion after the nail polish is dry.
9. A base coat is applied to prevent the nails from staining and chipping. It also strengthens the weak nails. After applying base coat apply color polish of your choice in layers. Two coats of nail polish will give it extra shine. But every second coat must be given after drying the first coat. A top coat of a transparent polish will give your nails an extra luster.
10. When the nail polish is dried reapply a moisturizing lotion to your hands and nail. A sunscreen and a moisturizer are two very important and basic ingredients for healthy and beautiful hands.
Your manicure is done.
You can do it wonderfully if you have the right tools and know how to use them. You can go for a professional manicure too but doing it at home will save your money and time as well.